"The Silvana is like a pirate who takes advantage of and benefits from the chaos of war between two large nations." - Director Shinji Nakajima (Newtype USA, Dec 2003)
» Silvana Images
- Silvana Spec Sheet (DVD 2 insert)
- Silvana's bridge - (NewtypeUSA (08/03)
- Sketch, bridge (NewtypeUSA, 12/03)
- Silvana bridge, CGI version (Newtype)
- Sketch, Alex's quarters (NewtypeUSA, 12/03)
- Sketch, "jumbo" vanship (Spheres 2, Murata)
- Sketch, Silvana
- Crest/Coat of Arms, Silvana/Alex (Newtype)
- A look at the Urbanus (DVD 3 insert)
- Urbanus, sketch (Newtype USA)
» Quickie Silvana Specs (from DVD 2 insert)
- Length: 482.3' (147m)
- Power: Vertical 5-stage compound Claudia Unit
- Speed: 160.3 knots
- Crew: 248 (full 777)
» Silvana Factoids
- The ship originally was in the service of Anatoray
- Uses an acoustic sound system
- Nicknamed "The All-Killer"
» Ship Propulsion in Last Exile
Ships, large and small, depend upon Claudia, a liquid which generates energy when pressurized. The hybrid vanship engines use a steam/Claudia unit combination. Steam power propels liquid Claudia through the Claudia tubes to pressure chambers, where it generates energy for both lift and propulsion.
NewtypeUSA call the unit Cloud-I-E-R rather than Claudia. Whatever the correct spelling, them's the facts. You can learn more about tehcnical details from Anime-Kraze's excellent Last Exile Terminology page.